How To Get Rid Of Mice?
Are you sharing your home with mice this winter? Of course, we don’t really mean those cute, white ones that we love to watch running on the wheel. We are talking about those dirty, gray and disease-carrying mice that live in the voids of the walls and in your attic. This is the type that is going to chew a whole inside out in order to get through. This is the kind which is going to chew on your wires to cause a fire and the kind which leaves excrement in your cabinets, countertops and in your attics.
Signs of mice infestation
Having mice in your home might not always be easily detected. This is why it’s important to be well aware of the tell signs that are characteristic of mice infestation.
- Noises – you are likely to be able to hear the mice moving around if they live in your house. This is especially true during the night because mice are animals which are nocturnal. So, scampering, chewing or scratching noises from within your walls – these are the signs that you want to be listening for.
- Droppings – these are usually around a quarter of an inch long. You will be able to find them in cabinets, under your sink, near places where you store your food and in drawers.
- Gnaw marks – the mice are always going to chew because their teeth never stop growing. That’s why you will have to look for marks on your packaged goods, cabinets, drawers and others of the kind.
- If the infestation is considerable, you might actually detect unpleasant odors.
So, if you hear any of those, chances are that you are going to have certain issues. If you would rather not have to deal with them, there are a few things that you can do. The following are some of the preventive measures that you can take.
- Install convenient door sweeps on all of your exterior doors.
- Seal up all the cracks as well as the holes which are located on the outside of your home
- Fix the water leaks around tubs and sinks
- Keep all the food in airtight containers or in your own refrigerator but not outside
- Thoroughly clean your entire house
These are some of the preventive measures that you can take advantage of if you don’t want to have to deal with mice. However, if you already have mice in your home, these wouldn’t do you much good to get rid of them. Thus, this is when you should consider calling the professionals to help you out. This is something very important if you want to ensure that you take care of the issue. There are plenty of companies willing to help you get rid of the rodents at home or at your workplace. Contact them today but ensure that the company that you work with is licensed, insured and bonded.