5 Serious Health Hazards That are Attributed to Pest Infestations
As one of the leading pest control services in Pennsylvania, we offer a wide range of assistance for both businesses and homeowners. We know that there are no “one-size-suits-all” solutions. That is why we do an evaluation of the infestation, before we design a customized pest control program for your home or business. There are a multitude of pests that can infest the house or the surrounding landscape. From gophers, rats and mice, to bees, hornets and bed bugs, we have worked to eliminate them all from homes and commercial buildings.
We understand that you are proud of your home and that is why we ensure that the infestation of the pest is evaluated. Then we design the elimination program as humanely possible, as we can. If there is one thing that you can say about pest infestations, it’s the fact that they are not only an annoying inconvenience; they can pose a serious threat to the physical health of everyone in your home. Additionally, a pest infestation can make you feel as though your home is filthy and uncomfortable. In the more than 20 years that Spectrum Pest Control has been serving the many communities of western Pennsylvania; we have found that there are five (5) different physical health threats that are attributed to pest infestations:
• Asthma and other respiratory problems – These issues are all attributed to either cockroaches, mice, or a number of other insects. For instance, there is a certain protein that is released through cockroach carcasses and droppings that triggers a variety of allergic reactions. It can also trigger severe asthma attacks. Additionally, serious lung damage may occur from long-term exposure, even if you have never had any lung issues in the past. If the infestation goes untreated by a Pittsburgh exterminator service, these respiratory issues are only going to persist, and will get worse over time.
• Dysentery, gastroenteritis, and salmonella – Contaminated foods is one of the primary health threats that have been attributed to pest infestations. Most people realize that bacteria are carried by cockroaches, flies and mice. That can then be spread to your food by delayed contact with their droppings or through direct contact. When this happens, it increases a person’s risk of developing dysentery, gastroenteritis, or salmonella. These health threats cause a number of intestinal issues such as dehydration and pain.
• Hantavirus – The Hantavirus is borne by mice, and can pose a number of serious or even life-threatening health problems from hemorrhagic fever to respiratory issues, and including death. The disease is typically contracted through exposure to mice droppings. In other words, it is very possible that you could inhale the dust from their droppings (feces and urine alike) and be contaminated with the Hantavirus. This is why Spectrum Pest Control always urges people to contact us immediately, when there is a hint of a rodent infestation, and have our exterminator Pittsburgh service eliminate it.
• Leptospirosis – This bacterial disease is spread by rodents. As humans come into contact with the feces and/or urine of these animals, the bacterium is transmitted. Drinking or eating anything that mouse or rat fluids have come into contact with will spread the disease. Leptospirosis can cause brain swelling, kidney and/or liver failure, and potentially death. You have to take steps to prevent rodents from invading your home, if you want to avoid contracting this disease.
• West Nile virus – Let’s just start by saying that this is a disease that can be fatal if you don’t take the proper precautions to eliminate the risk of it. West Nile virus is transmitted through the bite of mosquitos, and can result in a life-threatening sickness. You can protect your family and your home against this life-threatening illness, by having Spectrum Pest Control exterminator Pittsburgh services to treat your home. This will make your residence a safer place for you and your family to live, and stop any infestation dead in its tracks.
The bottom line is that it is imperative to be on the lookout for the warning signs of a possible pest infestation and take action immediately. Remember, no matter which pest it is, if they have the time to reproduce, the threat to your lives increases. As soon as you see any of the warning signs of a pest infestation, we urge you to contact our Pittsburgh exterminator service immediately, and schedule an inspection appointment. You can schedule an emergency appointment, as well as a regular one, depending upon the urgency of the requirement. We offer same-day assistance and that is one of the reasons we are counted among the top pest control services. Thus, call us today and let us help you stay safe.