What are the Signs of Bed Bug Infestation? Did you get up with red welts that are itchy? The fact is that you might have bed bugs infestation that you are unaware of. Being able to tell whether a bite is caused by a bed bug or not, is most certainly advantageous. The last thing you’d want to experience is waking up with rashes and re d bites which appear in a cluster.
The truth is that there are a few different factors which are going to determine the look of a bed bug. If they’ve had a blood meal recently they are going to look pill-shaped and bloated while if they haven’t they are going to look oval in their shape and rather flat. An adult bed bug could get as big as a pea while smaller ones could be no bigger than the tip of a pencil.
Bed bugs could also appear to be completely black or they might have some blood red coloring through the entire body. These are also insects so they have the characteristic six legs which are helpful when you have to distinguish them for different bugs that have more than that. If you want to find out whether your home is infested, you should keep an eye out for some of the following signs:
• Know the way their eggs look like. They don’t need a mother to hatch so it’s important that you keep this in mind. It’s usually white in color and as large as dust but you can find it on folds and in the seams.
• You should know how the bites look like especially if you wake up to unexplainable ones. The resemble mosquito bites but they aren’t solitary.
• Do not pick a bed bug up. Make sure that you are on the look for them throughout the majority of time. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t leave your room or invite anyone in it – just be overly careful when it comes to it.
• They could be introduced with used furniture so make sure you check that out first.
• Make sure to maintain an overly sanitized environment and you are good to go. They are usually attached to filth but they could hide in a room which is cluttered so avoid that. Notice the Signs
Once bed bugs infest, you are most certainly going to see black streaks of feces as they tend to leave a lot of them. You can find them in the seams of mattresses, pillow cases and on the stitching of your upholstered furniture.
Bed bugs are known for going through 5 instars and they shed their cuticle every time. This is why you might also find bed bug shells. What is more, bed bugs exude a pheromone scent which is easily distinguishable and people describe it as the smell of dirt or moisture – if there are enough of them, you are certainly going to recognize them. You will need to call in the pest control service to ensure that the professionals completely eliminate them.