Be Proactive About Insect
Control at Home
Hours. Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat-Sun 9AM-12PM
Address. 410 Oliver Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Tel. (330) 577-5307
Cooler months bring creatures from nature into residential and commercial properties where they can survive. They will find a place that is habitable and begin to settle in. These pests will begin eating and breeding, and all the while creating damage to a property or simply being a nuisance. Let’s face it, insects have value in the great outdoor eco-system. Indoors though, they can create problems and disturb the lives of humans. Waking up in the morning with spider bites that will itch for weeks isn’t pleasant. Insects can also aggravate allergies and asthma with the bio-waste they produce. While other insects can create costly structural damage to the home. For insect control, be proactive about pest management with these techniques:
Manage outdoor spaces to limit pests from becoming an issue around the home.
- Trim the lawn, clear out any spiderwebs from around the home’s foundation.
- Have an insect control specialist spray an EPA-approved barrier to kill insects as they cross it.
- Clear away any leaves or debris that would hold moisture close to the home’s foundation.
- Seal up any cracks in foundation, siding, windows or doors.
Keep indoor spaces clean and free of clutter.
- Don’t allow dirty dishes to sit. Rinse them out or wash them off immediately so they don’t become a breeding ground for insects.
- Don’t let the trash sit for too long. Any food waste will attract flies and fruit flies.
- Sweep and dust once or twice a week. This will clear away cobwebs and deter spiders from setting up a home base.
- Vacuum corners of the room and along the baseboards and ceiling.
- Wash sheets weekly as a deterrent for spiders and to limit the amount of dust mites.
September 10th, 2015|.Pest Control||